Latest Manor Royal Press Releases
Gatwick Road Footbridge install & road closure UPDATE
The work to re-install the Gatwick Road Footbridge is due to begin on 7th October. As before, this will require temporary night time road closures. Here are the details...
- The damaged footbridge across Gatwick Road has now been repaired and fully refurbished at a fabrication yard in Kent and will be transported back to Crawley next week.
- The Manor Royal BID and our architects have been working closely with West Sussex County Council who own the footbridge to work on the design of the bridge so that it fits into the wider Gateway 1 Improvement Scheme for this major entry point to the Business District (this includes MR paint scheme, additional plates added with MR lettering etc etc)
- Separate road closures are planned to site a crane in the road to allow the footbridge to be lifted safely back into position. These are planned for the evenings of Friday 7th October and Saturday 8th October (Gatwick Road + slip roads to be closed).
- In addition, the slip roads will be closed during the w/c Monday 10th October for the five weekday nights: This is to allow painting of the connections.
- As before access for businesses located off of the slip roads will be maintained.
- Once the footbridge is safely back in position it will once again be made available for pedestrian use and the temporary diversion route for crossing the road removed.
- The works are due to be carried out between 7pm and 6am.
Queries should be directed to West Sussex County Council on: 01243 - 642 105
The Manor Royal BID and West Sussex County Council would like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding.
For more information on the West Sussex County Council website click here.